Strategy to enable Sexual Reproductive Health Rights and Services for Deaf Young Persons
Deaf Child Worldwide
Service: Strategy Development
The Deaf Child Worldwide, working in India and Bangladesh, sought to develop a strategy for its partner organizations in the two countries to enable Deaf Young Persons (DYPs) in its intervention locations to access SRH services and fulfill their reproductive rights.
Development Solutions enabled this strategy document.
Approach and Methodology
Development Solutions worked in Odisha, Karnataka and West Bengal in India and Bangladesh, through the various phases of the project.
- Participatory workshop with DCW and partner organizations to understand SRH/ program needs and capacities of organizations and their staff
- Desk review – to understand programs and policies on SRH for PwDs
- Needs assessment – in-depth interviews with partner organizations, project staff, Deaf Young Persons, their parents and guardians and Government officials
- Development of Theory of change, project interventions and operational plan
- Meeting for strategy presentation and feedback
The strategy, developed using a Theory of Change framework, outlined a goal/ vision, defined outcome indicators and outlined intervention strategies for partner organizations in India and Bangladesh. Capacity needs for partner organizations to implement the strategy; and potential resource needs were also outlined.
Implementation Research to assess capacity of HWCs to deliver comprehe…
Client : ACCESS Health International
A Rapid Assessment of impact of Covid-19 Outbreak and Its Impact on th…
Client : Population Foundation of India
Acceptability of menstrual cups as a sustainable, cost-effective, and …
Client : ODA Research Seed Fund, University of Liverpool (UoL), and TATA Trusts
Strategy to enable Sexual Reproductive Health Rights and Services for …
Client : Deaf Child Worldwide
Baseline Assessment for the Sustaining Health Outcomes through the Pri…
Client : Abt Associates
Capacity building of Triggerise TIKO Ecosystem Facilitators
Client : Triggerise India Pvt. Ltd.