Implementation Research to assess capacity of HWCs to deliver comprehensive primary health care
ACCESS Health International
Service: Implementation Research
With the support of the India Health System Collaborative (IHSC) (www.ihsc.org), Development Solutions is undertaking a study on Health and Wellness Centers (HWCs) in three states. The study objective is to understand the current state of HWCs, the community expectations, and challenges, if any, in the transformation to HWCs. The study would inform the policy and programs to enable universal health coverage.
- Understand and assess the process of transformation of HSCs and PHCs to HWCs
- Understand and assess the inputs provided for the operationalization of HWC, including aspects of Human Resources, Infrastructure, Medicines, Diagnostics, Financing, and IT.
- Specifically, understand the training needs and inputs needed for the delivery of services.
- To identify the bottlenecks in the transformation of HSCs and PHCs to HWCs and their operation.
- Examine the continuum of care between HWCs and secondary care facilities.
- The monitoring systems.
- Assess the outputs –the range of services provided.
- Understand the expectations of the community, program implementers, and policymakers and corroborate the key findings.
- To establish evidence/produce learnings to inform the policy and programs on HWCs.
Approach and methodology:
- Quantitative data collection will be done as Facility survey: The facility survey is to assess the following aspects.
- HR availability
- Logistics – essential medicines – stock availability at community & facility levels; diagnostic services – their functionality.
- Infrastructure -adequate space for OPD, pharmacy, diagnostic services, display of communication materials at the facility level, spaces for community wellness activities.
- Digitization – availability of tablets/ smartphones
- Availability of telemedicine/ IT linkages – for care provision and virtual training.
- Health promotion – availability of materials
- Qualitative data collection will be done as Stakeholder interactions: The stakeholder interactions are proposed with key officials, service provides, and the community. The stakeholder interactions are expected to gather the perspectives on service access, roles, opportunities, and challenges in the transformation to HWCs, referral linkages, digitization, IT linkages, among other things.
Results: Data collection not done yet.
Implementation Research to assess capacity of HWCs to deliver comprehe…
Client : ACCESS Health International
A Rapid Assessment of impact of Covid-19 Outbreak and Its Impact on th…
Client : Population Foundation of India
Acceptability of menstrual cups as a sustainable, cost-effective, and …
Client : ODA Research Seed Fund, University of Liverpool (UoL), and TATA Trusts
Strategy to enable Sexual Reproductive Health Rights and Services for …
Client : Deaf Child Worldwide
Baseline Assessment for the Sustaining Health Outcomes through the Pri…
Client : Abt Associates
Capacity building of Triggerise TIKO Ecosystem Facilitators
Client : Triggerise India Pvt. Ltd.